Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fun People & Fun Stuff on our Travels

I know this post may be a little corny...
but I wanted to share a little behind the scenes
info about some of the fun stuff we've done here at Hot House Market :)

THE FAT RADISH, 17 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002~ notice the Amazing little table on the right?

When I first started in this biz I sold stuff on eBay.

At first I just sold little stuff like plates and mugs, small decorative items... 
But after a while, I started selling furniture!

Check out the Super Cute aqua table from Hot House :)

One of the first big items I sold was this AWESOME Aqua Chippy Shabby Table pictured above.

We bought it on one of our first buying trips to the Kane County Flea Market in the Chicago area.
I wheeled it around on my shopping cart ALL DAY!
It was an AWESOME find!!!

I was sooooo excited about selling it to a new 
Farm to Table restaurant 
in NEW YORK CITY!!!

The Fat Radish is an AMAZING little place in Chinatown~ and although we travel to NYC 
a lot~ we are always busy working and have never actually been to The Fat Radish or... any other restaurant in the city :(

BUT, one day, hopefully soon~ I WILL go to the Fat Radish and see our table in person.

Stephanie Izard is sitting on a HHM Sofa :)
Last winter, Mark Bazer, the amazing wirter/ performer and talk show host, contacted us 
about needing a new sofa for the set of The Interview Show.

We were super happy to help and got to deliver this SUPER COOL 70s Loveseat
right to the set, located at The Hideout (an AWESOME 100 year old house turned bar) in Chicago.

Some FABULOUS people have sat on that couch!

Hot House Market in Brooklyn
It's not unusual to see a familiar face walk past your booth in Brooklyn.

It's really exciting when someone famous actually BUYS something from us!
 
People who have bought stuff from us:


The super cute Carmindy! She looked just like this in person!

 

Jordis Unga!!! OMG! It was right after she was on The Voice!
She was super nice.
 
 
Cillian Murphy~ the GIANT movie star!!!
 Doug didn't recognize him because of his THICK accent~
but he stood there and talked to him for a LONG time about the Vintage
Carry On he was buying for his model-looking  girlfriend!!!
Hello~ Batman movies.. The Scarecrow.. duh!

Douglas NEVER recognizes anyone :/


1 comment:

  1. The design of the shop is very nice. I would like to visit your shop. I love your blog. Interior design ideas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...